Tuesday, December 30, 2008

new year's resolution: never leave the house again

Praise the lord! I am back in my own house. The problem with visiting parents is that a) their food is always much more expensive & luxurious, not to mention abundant, and b) their houses are so much cleaner. Now I am back here, everything seems to be coated in a thick layer of dust and cobwebs and there's nothing but old potatoes and toffee pennies to eat.

This is the first time I've been on the internet in 4 days. 4 LONG DAYS. My feed reader has collapsed under the weight of all the backed up information. Unfortunately, in the absence of the internet, I have become addicted to Fallout 3. Now all I can think about is getting back out into the irradiated wastelands to club some bloated mole rats upside the head with a baseball bat. So there's no time for grocery shopping really. I'll just live off the fat reserves I have built up from eating sherry trifle every day for a week, until hunger finally drives me out of the house.

2 comments:

  1. I went offline for almost 10 (there was obsessive knitting and then the comensurate headache) and the bloglines numbers were scary! You should stay in Fallout 3 until it's safe again.

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Glad to see you back to blogging and I can't wait to see your next knitted creation!

    ReplyDelete