Saturday, December 29, 2007

the day i traded art with Mike Mignola

Remember knitted Hellboy? Well, shortly after being featured on Drawn, I received an email from Christine Mignola, asking if I would make another for their collection - the original having sold within 8 hours of making its internet debut.

I could hardly believe my luck when she agreed to get Mike to do a sketch as a trade. The slacker was FREAKING OUT. So I duly set about making another, trying to recreate the original as faithfully as possible from my illegible notebook scrawlings. The pressure was really on, but I did it. And it was even better than the first one, even though I say so myself. You'll have to take my word for that, as I didn't take any pictures. Ooops.

I sent it out & thankfully they loved it - even the cat was trying to get in on the action, meaning that knitted Hellboy now resides upon a high shelf in the Mignola household. True to their word, the sketch arrived a few days before Christmas, whereupon I wrapped it carefully to give to the slacker on Xmas day, thus earning me a billion girlfriend points.

Yes, Mike Mignola and I traded art. I surely got the better end of the deal, and it was the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER. God bless us, every one.


  1. I am so impressed with that ...when I read it a little bit of wee came out. Trading art...cor.

  2. best christmas present ever! xxx

  3. That's incredible!! But you know, I think he got the best end of the deal- your knitted figures are uh-mazing!!!

    - Julie

  4. shut UP! that is so f**king fantastic.

  5. That's fuckin awesome right there!

  6. No disrespect to Mike, but he definitely got the better deal.