Saturday, January 13, 2007

stop the clock

Computer programmer & all-round gaming wizard Brian Green has come up with the goods - he reached number one on The Biz, and has sent me the screenshots to prove it. Here he is at no.1 with 'Restless' by Psychokids:

Even more excitingly, here is the winning screen which features a secret code to send off to Virgin Games in order to claim your prize. I have blurred out the code a little bit, so none of you can steal the glory which rightly belongs to Brian:

With his achievement coming 23 years after the game was first published, Brian was not convinced that the competition would still be open. I, on the other hand, simply cannot let this lie.

Having been unable to unearth any previous winner during my research into the game, I believe there is every chance that the prize was never claimed. And so, with Brian's permission, I shall be writing to Virgin Games on his behalf to see if we can't claim his prize. Watch this space.


  1. Oh, Axl Schmaxl, don't be jealous. As I said to the man himself, you either got it or you aint. ;)

  2. He aint! I call shenanigans on this so called person. He, I suspect is fraudulant in his claim. I say fishy smells afoot, and he has cheated by reprogramming or tampering with the software. There, I said it, and I stand by it. Number 1 on your first go? Pah, a lie I tells you!

  3. Haha, sorry Mr Axl. Didn't mean to steal your glory. ;)

    To be fair, I'm a game developer. I design games for a living, so I tend to be really good at playing them. I swear that no hacking or cheating went on here. I played the game through the web emulator linked in the previous entry.

    I think it's probably total luck getting a #1. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good. ;)

    Have fun!

  4. Imagine what a cool prize it could be! Dear God and Elvis it could be ANYTHING!!!!!!

  5. this is fantastic news. but i still curse you for introducing me to the horrible time sink that is 'the biz.'

  6. I don't know what you're talking about, not at all, but I'm very excited and I can't wait for what may or may not happen.