Friday, August 18, 2006

charity bargain du jour

Behold! As featured on one of my all-time favourite websites, miniorgan, I bring you The Incredible Voice Changer, from Tomy. I picked this up today for an astonishing £1.79.

Still in its box, after 18 years. I could hardly believe my eyes. I mean, who would keep something for that long and then chuck it away?

Someone who could no longer endure the fiendish sounds that this thing produces, that's who. You see, this unit has not aged gracefully. The only visible signs of deterioration are a corroded battery contact, but lord alone knows what's happened inside. I don't know what it's supposed to sound like but frankly I don't care. The deranged & mental sounds of good electronics gone bad was, quite literally, music to my ears. It produces the kind of noise that would make Aphex Twin run home crying to his mummy.

Somebody up there likes me.


  1. I remember those annoying sounds!! Lucky yoU! lol

  2. does it make your head go into different shapes like that kid on the box as well? cos that would be cool. and worth £1.79.

  3. yeah, my face started melting and I had to turn it off. It was kinda cool.

  4. speaking of aphex twin... i still have your 'come to daddy' cd. its right there on my shelf, filed alphabetically next to my copy of the same thing!!