Tuesday, July 18, 2006

this heat is makin me CRAZY

Damn, it's hot!

Trying to maintain this blog has lately started to feel like carrying the burden of the one ring to Mordor. It is a rabid, slavering St. Bernard, circling my hot car. It is a black Peterbilt tanker truck, chasing me through the desert. It's a bomb on my bus, an alien gestating in my stomach, a vengeful psychopath clinging on to the underside of my car. Get away from me, blog! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME????!!!

Over the course of the next few weeks, I intend to beat it into submission with some truly arbitrary old-school drivel, just like the good old days. It will be a light beating, as I don't want to over-exert myself in this heat. Damn!

Anyway, last week I went camping and a fox stole my sausages from outside my tent while I was sleeping off some strong local cider. It was pretty hot then, too. Damn!

scene of the crime

Then last night I saw a fox out of my kitchen window, legging it off into the hospice vegetable patch. It all happened so fast, I didn't get chance to take a picture. Here's one I took 5 minutes ago instead, to help you imagine. You'll have to imagine the fox, too, because it's too damn hot to Photoshop one in. Damn!

view from my kitchen window

Look how HOT it is out there! Hot damn!

I am taking a break from knitting stuff, because the thought of handling wool in this weather makes me want to hurl myself into a vat of liquid nitrogen.


  1. I was just about to ask how my little woolly friend was coming along, but then I saw that last paragraph! :)

    No worries, when you're ready.

    Yours, wishing this heat would end and looking forward to "Cold November Rain" ;)


  2. Did he look like this...? Foxxie ;)

  3. that's the sausage thieving bastard, right there!

  4. It could be worse. You could be bitching about English rain. Again.