Friday, May 19, 2006

what noise do giraffes make? can you cry underwater? is chubb fat? do flies sleep? am I gay? what creature has an eye bigger than its brain?

It's a little known fact that I graduated from university with a degree in music, mainly because I have never done anything with it. That ungrateful qualification cost me upwards of five grand and hasn't earned me a single penny in as many years. Until today.
I have got the best job ever. Should I be talking about my job on here?? ...mech... I am working for a text-messaging service that can answer any question you have within minutes. Any question! About anything! It's pretty impressive, even if I do say so myself.
So far I have fielded nearly 700 questions, from "Will you be my friend?" and "Watchoo talkin' about Willis?" to "What monkeys can swim, and for how far?" and "Which is superior - bacon or ham? Give reasons". It's soooo much fun.
The best part about it, as if it wasn't good enough already, is that I can work whenever I want. From home. At any hour of the day or night. I don't even have to get dressed. It really is the BEST JOB EVER.
The final cherry on this creamy cake of self-satisfaction came this afternoon, when I logged on to see that someone wanted to know what key the theme from Bergerac was in, and could we please transcribe the chords from the bridge section?
If you can think of any better way for me to spend my time than pounding out the theme from Bergerac on a Casio VL-tone with a pencil in my mouth, then I'd like to hear it. THIS is what my whole life has been leading up to. I have made it.


  1. that was supposed to be my job bitch! ;)

    glad its going well dude. x

  2. what creature has an eye bigger than its brain?? i need to know!

  3. What a fecking great job and I thought making stuff for money was cool!
    Here's a question...can Julian Cope?

  4. or more to the point, was Marvin Gaye?

  5. That sounds amazing! One more: does Tom Cruise?

  6. ..does Tom Cruise? I reckon he swallows miles of cock so yes he does.

  7. truly the best job ever. :P

  8. My question: How do I get a job like yours?