Wednesday, May 31, 2006

antique look toys to enchant you

How great is this? A huge collection of photos of battered, threadbare, sorry-looking old stuffed toys, from the Mad Mad Crafter on Flickr. (Via WAWAYA).

These are just a few of my favourites.

I have a particular fondness for toys that look deranged and/or angry. I actually own the world's angriest looking stuffed toy, Humphrey, a motheaten squashed up hippopotamus that my brother & I used to fight over. I'll post a picture of him one day, in all his furious glory. Or should that be glorious fury?

5 comments:

  1. They are superb, anything that looks mental is fine by me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems to me that angry or insane is the proper state of being for a stuffed animal. Those are great. The cats remind me of Bill the Cat from Bloom County.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man...these would be fantastic to use as a avatar. I like the crazy-ass bear that's looking up. He's hilarious.

    Can I steal him?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, they're not actually my pictures - you should really have a word with the mad mad crafter. Or you could just steal them. (I won't tell).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Done and done. I think it looks fantastic.

    Please tell me you're making more zombie crafts. The world is ready (again).

    ReplyDelete