Friday, November 18, 2005

introducing the third monkey in my house to be unimaginatively entitled 'monkey'

It's freakin' freezin' around these parts lately, but luckily for monkey I have buckled down and made him a swanky Tam O' Shanter.

Poor monkey has been hatless since August, when he was already overdue for July's MOS project. He also doesn't have a name. I was hoping that maybe one would be forthcoming by the time I finished his hat, but not much is coming to mind. I don't know if that's writers block or all the super-strong Weston's 'Old Rosie' I have imbibed this evening.
Just a short while ago, Rob and I enjoyed a rousing bout of 'Gateaux Gladiators' - a game in which competitors, armed with a spoon, must cram as much cake into one's mouth whilst simultaneously smashing cake off one's opponent's spoon and attempting to scoop it out of their mouth in order that one might eat THE MOST cake and thus become the winner. Things took a turn for the worse however, as both of us inhaled some rather large clumps, and nigh on choked to death whilst not enjoying what was actually quite a delicious chocolate gateaux. Rob nearly died the most though, so I definitely won. Alright!

9 comments:

  1. So, let me get this right...you knitted the monkey AND the tam?? Wow, you are fab. I have love your zombies. Where can I find a pattern to make me a cute little monkey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the monkey is made out of socks - the instructions are here

    ReplyDelete
  3. that hat is so great! it goes well with his ears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like his delicious kissy lips the bestest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sock monkey, Lord Dandelion, is jealous of your monkey's outfit. Although he's a real lord he is only dressed in a tie and a yellow fisherman's hat. I guess he's one of those eccentric aristocrats you hear about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, monkey is jealous of Lord Dandelion's lineage. He does, however, have a rather interesting history, having escaped from the circus - but I was saving that story for when he gets a bike :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the most funnier monkey I've ever seen !!! I love it !!! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your Sock Monkey. I can see that he reads, does he ever type anything on your blog? I, too, have a blog, and I AM a Sock Monkey! (But I do get help with the typing part - I don't have fingers.) If you are interested in Sock Monkey history, go to www.roroart.com, learn stuff, and see pictures of me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks Sock Monty! Monkey isn't really allowed to do any writing because of all the swearing. Naughty monkey.

    ReplyDelete