Wednesday, July 27, 2005

cheese is my life, that's what I like best

Art produced by kids is in a league of its own. It has a genuine spontaneity and unself-conscious expression that most adult artists struggle to attain, without any of the pretentiousness that permeates much of our modern art.
When visitors come round my house I invariably end up playing them a track I discovered on the 365 Days Project site, called "I Like Cheese" by The Cheese Band. I love this song, I never get tired of listening to it.
So I was positively GIDDY with excitement when I discovered a whole demo by the Cheese Band online at Comfort Stand. This is the best thing that has happened to me this week since I got those new tyres on my bike. While listening to it this morning it occured to me how I would absolutely LOVE to hear someone do cover versions of these songs, like the musical equivalent of Dave Devries's Monster Engine. Heck, maybe I'll even do it myself.

Zip file containing the complete release (Cheese, I Like Cheese, Cheese is Life (piano) and Football Practice) available for download here. I'm off to make myself a Cheese Band T-shirt.

The cheese band duh nuh nuh nuh
You hear those nice farts duh nuh nuh nuh
You like my song so far duh nuh nuh nuh
I like M & M's duh nuh nuh nuh

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the 365 Days Project. I'm kind of obsessed with it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean...

    ReplyDelete