Wednesday, April 27, 2005

on the wires of our nerves

After a disappointing false start the bracelet I am knitting for my Mum is now officially under way. Like all the best and most exhilarating projects this one has a deadline because my Mum, Dad & brother are coming down on Saturday for dinner.





(Click here to see the fine mess I have got into downstream)

I got the idea for this bracelet from fellow Oxford blogger Jen. I totally spotted Jen in the street the other day, but didn't want to shout at her across the busy road in case she mistook me for shouty or something.
Anyway, I am using silver coated copper wire and a mixture of glass seed beads and turquoise chips. After 3 rows I have totally bent my needles already. Knitting with wire is pretty hard going, but my stitches are definitely getting neater as the nerves in my fingertips are gradually destroyed, so that's good.

4 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! I have never really seen this done, just references to it here and there. Seriously, it looks like high dollar boutique stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, thanks. I've done a fair few hours work on it today - I'm really pleased with how it's turning out. I'll post pictures when I finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my goodness that looks fantastic and hard work. I hope your mum likes it

    ReplyDelete
  4. the bracelet looks beautiful when done.I am inspired to make one for my little girl.

    ReplyDelete